Thursday, October 22, 2009

60th Anniversary Quilt


These are some of the fabrics I chose for the anniversary quilt I am making for Jim's aunt and uncle. We are going to visit them the week before Thanksgiving in CA! We (Jim's sisters and their spouses) were all invited by Jim's cousin and her husband, to come and surprise his aunt and uncle with a visit. They love the coast, so this collection was perfect.

Yesterday, I spent the afternoon at an embroidery machine putting family names... writing them in the "sand". Cool.

... This was the first entry in my quilt journal...


Friday, October 16, 2009


Today I am cutting into the fabrics chosen for Aunt Jean and Uncle Don's quilt. It is always scary doing that, I want to do it right the first time!


I searched the largest quilt shop in the area and wasn't happy with their selection of beach type fabrics. My friend, Audrey told me that JoAnn's had a beach line, I went up Wednesday to check it out, and they are beautiful. I picked 10 prints that look like they'll go together. Watery blue, sand, browns, and light tan.


I read something today that said the quilter prays for the recipient of the quilt as she cuts and sews. What a great idea!

No comments: